Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Help! My pants keep getting tighter!



















Someone please help. My glasses are now thick and heavy, my pants are getting tighter, plaid has over come my wardrobe and Pabst Blue Ribbon is starting to sound tasty. I don't know what it is but the 80's are looking ok to me now and I think I should shower less. Well one good thing about hipsters taking over the world is they sure do like trippy-synthy-music. Here are a couple of songs I've added to my playlist within recent months that any hipster would feel proud to bump on their walkman while speeding through stop signs on their fixed-gear bike on their way to the new-yet-old vegetarian taqueria. Put them on your playlist by clicking the divshare logo to download them.

What do you get when you cross Nite Jewel with Dam Funk? Nite Funk; DUH! Aside from a superhuman cool name, you also get an awesome track which sounds like like a B-Girl made love to Peaches and Herb.

Nite Funk - Am I Gonna Make It Home


Since we're talkin about fucked up names here, this next group of songs is by a guy named Memory Cassette aka Weird Tapes aka Memory Cassette. He did a remix of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's Heads Will Roll which gained him some fame. Aside from remixing, he's also pretty good at creating his own stuff. His album Seek Magic is great to listen to while slaving away at work...

Memory Cassette - Asleep at the Party


Peter, Bjorn & John - It Don't Move Me (Weird Tapes Remix)


Dem Getaway Boyz - Imma G (Memory Tapes Remix)


Memory Tapes - Green Knight


To wrap this post up, I've included a new single from the pioneers of creepy-sythy-electronic fused music; Portishead. Yeah, Portishead is still around and YES they are still making dope music.

Portishead - Chase the Tear


Gotta go, it's time to lube my hair up and look for 80's clothing.

Jeffro

No comments:

Post a Comment