Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Seriously, Another "Mellow Mix"?

I know, I know: "Mellow Mix" is so unoriginal and so, well, 90's (sorry DJ Greybush). How many "Mellow"/"Chill"/"Just Chillin" mixes have we all made/received in our lifetimes? Too many. Well, eff it, here's another one. I made this as a soundtrack for my dissertation writing, an activity that is, for me, definitely not "chill." It's all fairly easy listening indie rock stuff, with a little alt-country and electronica-type stuff mixed in. One note on the last song by Animal Collective: if you are not familiar with this band, please be forewarned that they often take a lot of time to get to the actual 'singing' in their songs; so skip ahead to about the 3 minute mark if you want to get to the vocals. Stay mellow, people.

Mellow Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment