Monday, May 3, 2010

Soul Patrol















I saw this fellow cruising around my neighborhood and and asked myself:
1) Why hasn't his bike snapped in half yet?
2) Is it just the beginning of shorts season?
3) What music keeps him entertained throughout his work day?

Lucky for me I witnessed him chasing a gang of senior citizens racing on their Segue's down the street. As he was in full pursuit, his police bag fell off his cruiser and to my surprise I found a bottle of Hawaiian Tropics tanning oil, a 2 liter of Mountain Dew and his iPod. After working on my tan and chugging the soda, I poked around his iPod and found the following mix. Who would have guessed Mr. Patrol has so much soul! Download his mix here: Soul Patrol

(Also, if you haven't noticed, we've added a new streaming music player which plays samples of our mixes continuously.)

Samples:

Bettye Swan - Make Me Yours
Michael Jackson - We've Got A Good Thing Going
Lee Jackson - Keep Your Mouth Shut
Bobby & James Purify - I'm Your Puppet

Soul Patrol Track Listing:
1. Bettye Swan - Make Me Yours (3:15
2. Clarence Reid - Down the Road of Love (2:53)
3. Patsy Cline - She's Got You (3:10)
4. Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me (2:41)
5. Michael Jackson - Who's Lovin' You (4:24)
6. Raphael Saadiq - Calling (3:44)
7. Mayer Hawthorne - I Wish It Would Rain (3:58)
8. Betty Wright - Tonight Is The Night (4:03)
9. Michael Jackson - We've Got A Good Thing Going (3:15)
10. Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions - I'm The One Who Loves You (2:26)
11. Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions - I'm So Proud (2:49)
12. Sam Cooke - You Send Me (2:45)
13. Eli 'Paperboy' Reed & The True - I'll Roll With You (3:33)
14. Lee Jackson - Keep Your Mouth Shut (2:29)
15. B.B. King - I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way (3:04)
16. The Enchanters - I Wanna Thank You (2:54)
17. Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions - It's All Right (2:48)
18. Freddie Scott - (You) Got What I Need (2:39)
19. Bobby & James Purify - I'm Your Puppet (3:01)
20. Messengers - California Soul (2:53)
21. The Intruders - Together (2:56)
22. Z.Z. Hill - You Don't Love Me (2:36)

Jeffro

2 comments:

  1. First time I've heard that Freddie Scott song Biz sampled. Dope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bastard, I was going to put "I'm your Puppet" on the next Soul Mix.

    ReplyDelete