Monday, August 16, 2010

Mayer Goodness

Damn you Stones Throw, you really know how to hype a beast up don't you?  Behold the etched 12 inch collectible vinyl with a new Mayer track.  Brought to you courtesy of Stones Throw and Mayer Hawthorne.  Produced by Nottz and illustrated by Freegums.  One side of the vinyl has Mayer's cover of Otis Leavill's, "I Need You."  Mmmm...Mayeeeer..vinyl...etched...collectible...














































Mayer on how the song came to be.  "The song is a cover of a cat named Otis Leavill which is one of my all time fav soul sides, but relatively unknown 45. I don't think Nottz even knew it. I actually even made up some of the words because no one could make out what he said in the original. ha!

When Nottz sent me that batch - that particular beat stood out. It had the same chord progression as the Otis Leville, so I just went with it.”


Purchase it in the Stones Throw store here and have a listen below.

Mayer Hawthorne- I Need You



The generosity of Mayer does not stop there.  Here is some more free music from him. He just dropped a reggae version of, "Maybe So, Maybe No." Perfect, since I have been on a reggae kick lately.  Now everyone in unison, "Thaaank yooou Misterr Mayerrr."












Mayer Hawthorne- Maybe So, Maybe No (Reggae remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment