Friday, October 29, 2010

Kanye....Random Eye Candy

First I have to apologize.  My friend sent me a link to the Kanye short film, "Runaway," and said it was amazing.  I still haven't watched it and that was going to be the main reason for this post.  Instead I got distracted and found these other videos.  I swear I will get to it though, for now here are some links to the film.  On Youtube, and on Vevo, not sure if those are better quality but I'll embed another version I found that doesn't seem to be HD and when I embed it isn't widescreen. You might have better luck at those other links. Anyway, I apologize for my inability to focus on the task at hand.  I should also apologize for only posting random music videos.  What can I say they are easy filler posts. *Kanye shrug*   

Not sure how this matches up with the Kanye video in terms of artistic merit but this is pretty amazing. I know everybody is a fan of the legendary group from my youth, "4 Non-Blondes," right? Yeah I only know that one song too but that's not important. What's important is that He-Man is familiar with them and that one song. I laughed, well done SlACKCiRCUS.

Fabulous Secret Powers from SLACKCiRCUS on Vimeo.

Kind of cool.

Light-Paint Piano Player from Ryan Cashman on Vimeo.


Do you guys like Darwin Deez? Does it make you uncomfortable how much of a hipster he is? I thought about posting this before but thought it might be too weird. That Deez is persistent though. Persistence is rewarded around here. Besides, I am a fan, as evidenced by him appearing on the first indie mix I made.  I will Deezifiy my hair by the next time you see me.

Darwin Deez - Constellations from Lucky Number Music on Vimeo.

Uh this video has some music in it. Is that enough reason for it to be posted? I just love Dieter Rams designs. He was the designer for Braun back in the day where he made some amazing products including record players. Like my profile picture, the SK55 or "Snow White's Coffin." Ha! Another reason to post it. You can see his influence in all of the current apple products and all over the world of design. Ooh one more reason to post this, Snow White's coffin is at the top of my Christmas list. You guys should coordinate so I don't end up getting multiples.


And Newy Scruggs does a pretty good job of summing up San Francisco for the people back home in the Dallas, Fort Worth area.  This does not relate in any way to music.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcdfw.com/video.


I have some mixes in the works too;

The whistle one needs to be sequenced. A soul one is done. There is a finished hip hop and also a completed indie. So I just need to get those uploaded and ready for your consumption. I'm sure that will happen sometime soon.  *Wanders off to google Care Bear dance videos*

No comments:

Post a Comment