Monday, July 25, 2011

Live From Daryl's House

My friend passed this along to me a while ago. My fault for just getting around to posting this now. Thank you for the super awesome find though. Apparently Daryl Hall from Hall and Oates, hosts this show called, "Live From Daryl's House." The video below comes from an episode he did that featured Booker T, from Booker T and the MG's (The legendary backing band for the legendary Stax record label), and Stereofat's most posted about artist, Mayer Hawthorne. They get down on Mayer's song, "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out." I could do without Daryl singing. I am pretty sure he forgets the lyrics at one point, but yeah it's his house, so I guess he can do whatever the hell he damn well pleases.

Daryl also did an episode with another one of my favorite artists, Sharon Jones. It's strange to see her without the Dap Kings. You can't really get a better backing band than them but Daryl and his crew do a pretty good job of standing in for them. Below is their video for, "100 Days."

Pretty sweet deal Daryl has going on at his house. Check out his site for full episodes and peruse the archives. You don't want to miss gems like the Bacon Brothers episode or the one with the lead singer of the Goo Goo Dolls...stellar stuff.

2 comments: