Friday, September 9, 2011

Eye Candy


Space Oddity from fourseventy media on Vimeo.
I saw this awesome illustrated book by Andrew Kolb a couple of weeks ago. It pairs his amazing 60's retro style animation with the lyrics to David Bowie's, "Space Oddity." Four seventy media has combined the two in this video. The combination is a sympathy extracting, heartbreaking, work of cuteness. *Wipes tear away* Check out Andrew's site here. Update- you may want to watch this video pronto. I checked out Andrew's site and all of the lyrics are blurred out. It smells like the lawyers are circling. Way to squash free promotion!


High Wheel by Maider Lopez from maider lopez on Vimeo.

The High Wheel is an art project created by Maider Lopez  for the OK Center for Contemporary Art. Pretty mesmerizing I'll put down a token for a ride on that thing.



Another video from the Stones Throw video contest.  This one is by Matthew Wood for Madvillain’s “Fancy Clown.” Like Insane Clown Posse without the suck.


This is a well executed corporate sneak attack by Chipotle.  Awesome animation and Willy Nelson covering Coldplay with a nice crunchy message of  sustainable farming.  *honks horn on fixie*


I was not completely sold on the first release by Blakroc.  I love the Black Keys and I listen to hip hop, it sounded like these two factors should have worked out in my favor and they would have gained an insta-fan.    I don't know what went wrong but the execution was not what I was expecting and I barely ended up listening to it.  Blackroc 2 looks like it could be shaping up to be better.  Although this is mainly based on the fact that I love the Black Keys and listen to hip hop.  There isn't a huge amount of information released in this trailer besides who will be featured on the album.  I just know that if you say Black Keys, Sean Price, Jay Electronica, Curren$y and The Cool Kids, my ears perk up.  Here's hoping they pull this off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment