Sunday, February 28, 2010

Old Mixes

For those of you who don't know, this all started out as a private email list.  If you were not on that list you may have missed out on some goodies.  I feel like I should be moving forward and only posting new mixes,  but since we are not asshole taskmasters I feel bad not offering the chance for people to do make-up work.  It's not your fault, stop throwing a tantrum, get up off the floor, you have the chance to redeem yourself right now.

This is the original Beat Hooker mix, the beats are fiyaaah.  *Pours champagne on a toddler*  No idea who's toddler that is but they need to be taught to appreciate expensive champagne and stop crying.  You'll never be a video ho son...you're useless.
 Here's a couple of sample tracks.  First up Freeway and Jake One off of, "The Stimulus Package."  This Freeway and Jake One album is wearing the crown for one of the best hip hop albums of 2010.  I know it's February, you shush.  Just watch, this shit can last, Jake One and Freeway can do no wrong.



This is going to be on the next hip hop mix but this is just a another supporting argument for why this album is so good. It's tailor made for my ears to love it. The Roc, Rhymesayers, and The Chef reppin the Wu, all on the same track? Say no more I'm in, where do I sign up?

Freeway and Jake One- One Thing featuring Raekwon


Next is a track by Fashawn from Fresno.  This is a dude that gives me hope for hip hop.  Check out his track, "Samsonite Man," featuring Blu and produced by Exile.  That's pretty much an all-star track in my world.  Blu is another dude that doesn't make me cry and run through the streets shouting, "HIP HOP IS DEAAAD!!!"  Then you add the fact that Exile is one of my favorite producers and it's musical magic.  You will see Exile all over my mixes, that's one soulful dude.  These three show that there are still real cats out there doing real hip hop, you just have to turn off the radio and scratch below the surface a little bit.



If that's your kind of shit, then come get some more below.
Hip Hop Mix 12-05-09

No comments:

Post a Comment