Monday, August 30, 2010

MJ's Belated B-day

It was Michael Jackson's birthday yesterday.  I hope everyone poured some Jesus juice out and grabbed their crotch to celebrate.   I for one was never swept up in the MJ hysteria back in the day.  He kind of scared me as a a kid, and I didn't understand why people straight up passed out when they saw him.  I didn't understand it as a kid, and to this day I have no idea who would have that sort of sway over me.  Who would you see and just immediately black the fuck out on?  I can think of some people that might scare me into fainting, but no one that I would be so excited to see that I lose all bodily function.  Busta Rhymes popping up out of nowhere all angry and growly with a weapon might make me pee myself a little bit, but that's a different sort of scenario.  

I do appreciate MJ more now, I always liked him when he was black, even back when I was a kid, but now I appreciate more than just the Jackson 5 era.  Dude had some hits.  I still haven't embraced his entire catalog.  It's not like I am bumping, "Remember the Time" but the 80's jams don't get a dismissive wank from me anymore.  Obviously I don't have to make an argument for him as an icon or talk about his influence, he was kind of successful at the whole music thing and his songs speak for themselves.  Thank god because interviews with him are fucking weird.

Two Free mixes to celebrate his born day behind the jump.


"J.Period & Spike Lee pay tribute to Michael Jackson with this Limited Edition mixtape...Mixing Michael’s classic hits with rare demo versions, remixes, and behind-the-scenes interview clips, J.Period weaves together an 80-minute musical documentary that pays tribute to The King of Pop’s staggering catalog of songs, and reminds us why—no matter what you think of the man—Michael’s music will always be his legacy."






















 Go to the site or download the mix here

DJ D-Sharp also made a mix.
  

Available here.  Happy birthday MJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment