Sunday, August 1, 2010

Soul Mix 6

Well, glad things here have been taken care of while I was on vacation.  I just got back from a two week trip to Costa Rica.  I was out stomping through the jungle and not partaking in their legal prostitution...I swear.


While there I had my ipod for the lengthy bus trips from one city to another.  The problem was my ipod was originally my Mom's and I had loaded it with all old person music.  Old person music also happens to be depressing music.  A lot of the songs didn't vibe with my mood or what I was actually doing.  Beautiful jungle scenery through windy mountain towns, just wasn't meshing with Dean Martin crying about lost love.  I needed more jungly, more islandy, more happy stuff to listen to.

We heard a wide range of music while there.  In the tourist traps we heard legendary acts like; Huey Lewis, Phil Collins, and Foreigner.  They get down to some easy listening, or they think that we like to.  Wilson Phillips anyone?  There was also the local Spanish music, Spanish language hip hop, and a lot of reggae, Costa Rica being close to the Caribbean this makes a lot of sense.

This latest soul mix starts off with that island feel, the reggae tinged soul, this is stuff I should have had on my ipod but didn't.  The songs aren't actually that happy but they have the right feel for chilling on the beach.  There is a mix of the reggae/funk and then some more classic soul stuff thrown in there.  A couple of them are songs that came on my ipod while I was on the bus, that didn't make me hit skip.





Sample from the Reggae section.

Download the whole mix here.  If you want to keep it in it's original order in itunes, I think you have to make a new playlist and throw them in there.

Also if anyone would like to contribute to the blog, make mixes, post news, show off their daily hairstyle, send me an email at stereofattenings@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment