Friday, March 4, 2011

Eye Candy

This is a great little cartoon titled, "Three Little Bops."  It's a reworking of "The Three Little Pigs," with a great message about how if you want to succeed in the music business you must first burn in hell...I really do think that's the moral of the story.  Those Three pigs are some elitist ass musicians, give that groupie wolf a shot, maybe guide him into to becoming a better musician...or kill him, either way.  


I couldn't embed this, but head on over to Boing Boing for some crazy Russian dancing set to Jason Nevin's remix of Run DMC'S, "It's like that."

Pretty song, simple video.

LAND OF TALK - Quarry Hymns from Mitch Fillion (southernsouls.ca) on Vimeo.

Nice use of an XX sample. So glad that my friend couldn't make that XX show...sorry friend but that show was amazing.

Money On My Mind, jj from musicguy on Vimeo.

Some folky prettiness.

John Heart Jackie - Nevada City from Ben Moon on Vimeo.

Yellow Ostrich will be coming to the Bottom of The Hill on March 26th. Tickets are $12 here. I am mostly familiar with the fantastic covers that he does, but I can't imagine the show will be disappointing.

WHALE (live at Pianos) by Yellow Ostrich from Big Ugly Yellow Couch on Vimeo.

Queen of the Yes Homo Pop Princess mixes, Priscilla Ahn, has a new album coming out. Here is the Single, "Love" that will only be released in Japan. It stars her and her Husband. *Shakes fist*


I wonder how many times Jane Lui has been described as quirky. Here she is with the title track off of her new album, "Goodnight Company." Download for free here.
Jane Lui


Dawen, gets a little muppety in some registers on this song...in my opinion. Anyway the video is pretty sweet, it's so technological, so savvy, too bad it's already outdated. IPAD 2 SUCKAAA!!! Dawen- Just The Way You Are (Bruno Mars cover)


I did that thing again, where I am like wow this band is amazing, I love them, then I put them on a mix, and then I get informed that Tres Ouais has already done so. Man that guy has great taste. Anyway here is Tennis, the husband and wife team who sailed all over the place by themselves. Living on a sail boat, writing songs, making awesome music, that's quite a life there.

Tennis - Cape Dory (Underwater Peoples Records) from RichsLaw on Vimeo.


Tennis - South Carolina from Fire Talk on Vimeo.

This has already been everywhere because I don't hit submit fast enough. Radiohead just dropped their new album...maybe you heard. I bet you have already seen this too. It's the video for, "Lotus Flower." I think it's awesome, I am not hating on Thom's dance moves.

This video was of course followed by a flood of videos that made Thom dance to other people's music. Expected and mildly appreciated. *golf clap for you internet*
Radiohead- Lotus Flower single ladies


Uhhh amazing. Baboon. Fishhhhh.


Mac Miller with a nice little video for his song- Donald Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment