Friday, September 2, 2011

Mayer Hawthorne Album news

Mayer Hawthorne's major label debut (Universal Republic) and second solo album drops  Oct 11th.
New art just dropped and a release date of October 11th has been announced for Mayer Hawthorne's new album, "How Do You Do." I am looking forward to the album, we'll see if anything changes with his step up to the majors. I don't really understand the move away from Stone's throw, but I can't claim to understand the behind the scenes workings of a music label. Not sure how the deal worked out or what Peanut Butter Wolf's level of involvement will be. I am sure it's more money more distribution for Mayer, I just hope the music stays gold and Stone's Throw is somehow involved. He will be heading out on tour to support the album so be on the lookout for him to roll through your town. Check out the video for, "A Long Time." It's his ode to Detroit which will be on the new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment