Thursday, October 6, 2011

Two New Mixes

Here are two new mixes I've been slowly tweaking over the past couple months. The first one is a collection of neo-folk stuff (a lot of which is from Bath, UK -- apparently they are having a huge folk revival there, who knew?). The kernel of the mix were a few songs I couldn't stop listening to from the Wilco & Billy Bragg album of Wood Guthrie covers, "Mermaid Avenue" (a must have, btw). Then I slowly accumulated folky/alt-country/alt-rocky stuff that I thought worked together (e.g. Iron&Wine, Joanna Newson, Laura Marling, War on Drugs). Hope you like it.

Neo Folk & Friends Mix

The second mix is my usual indie-rock stuff with a chunk of electronica (e.g. James Blake & Bon Iver, Toro y Moi, Washed Out, Neon Indian, St. Vincent), a couple harder rocking songs (Wu Lyf, Crystal Antlers), some more John Maus (buy his new record!), and finished off with a random hip hop song by Kendrick Lamar (I love hip hop, but I never have enough new stuff for a whole mix; plus DJ Greybush handles it so much better than I could). Enjoy.

Fall Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment