Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Best of 2011 (Vol.1)

I know it's a little late to be putting out a Best of 2011 mix, but January was crazy for me, so I never got around to it until now. A few caveats: 1. In general, this is Indie Rock stuff, so yes I know Adele's album kicked ass, but everyone knows that (especially after she swept the Grammies), so I left her off the mix; 2. There were a lot of Indie electronica acts that I just couldn't squeeze in here, so there will be a Volume 2 coming soon with all that stuff; 3. Finally, yes I know it's a cardinal sin to put 2 songs from the same artist on the same mix, but I REALLY like the Girls album, and the two songs are so different, so I figured it would be cool. By the way, if you want my picks for the best albums of 2011, they are (in no particular order): "Father, Son, Holy Ghost" by Girls; "Helplessness Blues" by Fleet Foxes; and "We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves" by John Maus.

Enjoy!

Best of 2011 Vol.1

No comments:

Post a Comment