Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Eye Candy


I saw this on Boingboing.net. It's the new Death Cab For Cutie video directed by, Bill Barminski and writer Christoper Louie. The title of the new tune is, "Underneath the Sycamore."


Jay Howell did the animation for this video for Trash Talk's single, "Slander." He has a really accesible cartoony style that I have been a fan of for a while.  One of his painted pieces below.


And now time for, "Dope Zebra." I watched this without sound, so I have no idea what song is playing. Hopefully the song doesn't suck because it's pretty entertaining without music.


I am not sure if this is blasphemous...but I have never really listened to Wilco. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I do know people like them and they are awesome live? Here's what I do know, I like old time animation. So here you go, Wilco meets Popeye.


Did you guys hear about the cell phone that interrupted the NY Philharmonic symphony? The conductor actually stopped the performance until the phone was silenced. Full story here. First of all who doesn't turn their ringer off when they are at the symphony? Secondly who doesn't immediately try and halt it once they realize that it is ringing? You just let it continue? So weird...anyway the same thing happens in the above video but the musician plays along.


I love Tim Biskup's work. He just animated the video for Mastadon's song, "Dry Bone Valley." Once again borrowed from Boingboing.net


If you aren't caught up on, "Breaking Bad" then I feel sorry for your mother. Also don't watch this video. If you are caught up then congratulations you have excellent taste in television and you may enjoy this video of Walt and Jessie in all of their glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment