Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meet the Natives















Sometimes, I'll force myself to sit through an entire album of complete bullshit, hoping to find a track or two that deserve second treatment. Other times, I'll listen to an album for the first time and already know it's going to to be a staple of my music collection. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, The Shin's Wincing the Night Away and MGMT's Oracular Spectacular are a few that come to mind.

Lucky for me a co-worker introduced me to the Local Natives new album Gorilla Manor. It probably falls under the indie rock genre, so make sure you've got tight pants on and an obnoxious plaid shirt if you're going to bump it loudly. The first song, Camera Talk sounds like the Shins playing over a sample of Manfred Mann's Blinded By the Light. The second song, Sun Hands, gives me what most indie rock albums lack; an ear-lobe-bleeding-melt-your-face-guitar-break that says "yes, we wear tight pants, but we're not pussies".

Btw, if you haven't figured it out, you can download the songs on this players by clicking the "divShare" logo.....

The Local Natives - Camera Talk


The Local Natives - Sun Hands




Jeffro

No comments:

Post a Comment