Monday, February 22, 2010

Yes Homo!!!


Yeah I said it. You know all those homophobic rappers that say something they think has homosexual undertones and then retract it with a no homo? I think they say simple stuff, like "I love my man Damon, no homo." I guess it's a preemptive strike to anyone saying "Oooooh he loves Damon!! Why don't you marry him??!!" It must be some type of school ground mentality. Sometimes I wonder how far it can be taken.

"Yeah he came back to my place and we did it...no homo?"
"Hmm yeaaah that's actually the definition of homo."
"Damn it!! Will someone please explain the rules to me!! Can we do take backs double stampsies no around the worlds?" *stomps feet emphatically*
*Friend walks away shaking his head*

So I am here to proclaim yes homo with this mix, with a caveat of no offense!! The club queens probably have much better taste than this. That might be my stand in for No homo, No offense. "Yo face look busted, these ho's can't be trusted, No offense!!" Hmm doubt that catches on or that I go down as one of the top emcees in the game. Anyway this mix is aimed more at the ladies or men who don't feel ashamed accentuating their midriff with a well tied side knot on their favorite shirt.

This mix is on a Gilmore girls' level. This is the type of music heard during the closing credits on a CW show, that kind of shit. Stuff straight dudes don't admit to bumping. One time I was at an art show and this dude was playing music, super loud from his motorcycle and a Mariah Carey slowjam came on, he had to go run and change it. Yep, these are the songs that come on your shuffle and you get embarrassed and heteronormativity makes you justify them by muttering stuff like, "Oh man, my sister must have downloaded that." These are pretty pop vocalizations over some folky non-threatening acoustics. Pop princess is not exactly appropriate, but these girls are the closest I come to pop princesses. Think Norah Jones, think lazy sunday lounging around bundled up in a sweater with a good book, your cat and a cup of tea, not that, that's how I spend my sundays....ah fuck it yes homo!!



















Yes Homo: Pop Princess Mix

If you downloaded the indie mix or the Thao albums, be forewarned she makes appearances on this as well, just delete them or appreciate her again.

Features include- Sophie Madeline, Norah Jones, Thao Nguyen, and Priscilla Ahn. Lots of pretty songs by pretty ladies to listen to while I play with my pretty ponies.

No comments:

Post a Comment