Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Uh Huh That's My Shit

There should be some more soul on here. Uh Huh that's my shit, No Stefani. Sometimes I just spend the whole day rollerskating around the park with my latest soul mix. I don't even listen to it I just hold the cd and spin in circles, arms extended while someone in a crane shoots an overhead shot of my unbridled joy. How could I deny other people that same feeling?













This mix starts out with old school soul. Some Sam and Dave, Otis, James, Aretha is heavily featured. A little sub theme is songs that have been sampled in hip hop. Miss Fat Booty, that Jay Electronica joint produced by Just Blaze, "Exhibit C," you know that one right? It's like the new "A Milli" beat, the current hotness everyone has to spit over. My favorite is the Gloria Allred version that won her the Perkins vs. Louis case.

Gloria: And now your honor I would like to present Exhibit C, bailiff if you could turn on the smoke machine, and hit the lights please, mic check one two one two, *points to Just Blaze* We's good, drop that shit Megatron Don. OHHHH!!!

Judge: Based on this new evidence I am dropping all charges as if they were hot. *Harlem Shakes*

*Crowd rejoices, except for the murdered girl's family, but they were always buzzkills*













That's how the legal system works right? Unrelated question, what's a goon to a goblin? The mix takes a small detour into reggae, the track that Kanye sampled for "Lucifer" and a Bitty Mclean cover of a David Ruffin track and then it goes into some modern soulful stuff, before ending on the Donny Hathaway cover of Lennon's, "Jealous Guy." Keep in mind the track is live and the dude sounds perfect. Check it out below.

Soul Mix 1

*old school email listers probably already have this mix, soul mix 2 is ready to go but I thought I would throw this out there for anyone who missed it on the first go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment