Friday, December 3, 2010

Eye Candy

Does anyone remember when theme songs used to be awesome?  I loved the whole Disney afternoon's lineup and their accompanying theme songs.  It seems like they don't even try anymore.  I appreciate a cheesy ass jingle or a well manufactured theme song, it's sort of a lost art.  Ducktales a woo hooo!!  Ohh Wee ohh, ohh wee ehhh, spin it, when you spin it and a something, something, Talespin!!  Although I was admittedly the target demographic for these shows, these theme songs kept me company in the afternoons before my parents got home, at which point I had to run downstairs and act like I was doing my homework.  Gummi Bears had one of the best theme songs ever.  I remember in college telling my friend who was in a band that he should cover it during his live performances.  I think he was in a rock band but R&B interpretations work just as well.  



Uhhh awesome?  What else can I say about this clip?  The site I stole it from does a nice summation.

"It’s just three young dudes rocking what appears to be some approximation of hip-hop dancing to what sounds like Christian rock’s approximation of hip-hop music. It is positively HYPNOTIC. And just when I thought it was a looped video of the same moves that would never end, they actually dance out a pantomime of Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection (see the 2:20 mark). I bet those dudes get mad trim to abstain from. Via"


It kind of reminded me of the, "Christian Side Hug" video, which I added below.  They are rough ridaaas, so give them that Christian side hug!!  Myself, I always go for the pussy hug, since I am Buddhist and Murs taught me that term on one of our retreats.  This is like those PSA's where the parents rap to their kids about STD's or something.  The way to get your message across is not to bastardize another culture and drench it with cheese.  Although that shit is kind of stuck in my head now. 


Apparently people do this.  They slice up movies and make songs with just the sound effects and music that can be found in the film.  This guy Pogo seems to be the master of it, but I just found out about this whole practice the other day so I am not the authority on whatever this is called.


Here are three dance videos two of them are related.  The first one is by Daniel Cloud Campos and is called, "Welcome Home."  Julie Zhan does her own "remix" of it fittingly titled, "Welcome Home remix."  She's a crafty one that Julie. The third video is from B-Boy City Hawaii and features, 8 year old Angelo "Lil Demon" Baligad, getting down with some really impressive power moves. 






Blue Scholars out of Seattle are a hip hop group that I don't hate.  They made this when it snowed in Seattle back in Dec of 08.  Since it just snowed again, they decided to make a sequel.  I liked the first one better so that's the one posted below, but to see the other one you can head to where this popped onto my radar, Angryasianman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment