Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Upcoming Shows

Some of the shows from this post are still valid.  A small amount of new ones are listed below.

December





















Sunday December 5th, the entire Hiero crew will be at the Oakland Metro Opera House. Tickets are $20 presale, and doors open at 8. I have never heard of the Oakland Metro Opera House, but I have heard of Hiero, might be worth checking out if you are in the East Bay.

January
The Budos Band is playing the Independent on Saturday, January 15th.  Tickets are $20, grab them here.  Doors open at 8:30.  This should be a great show.  These guys are solid and if you are a fan of the Dap Kings, that throwback, soul, retro awesomeness and horns, then I recommend that you go to this.

February

The Decemberists and Mountain Man will be at the Fox theater on Valentine's day.  That date would be Monday, February 14th.  Tickets are $37.50 and can be found here.  I have yammered on about Mountain Man before, so I feel comfortable saying this will be a good show.


Beach House will be at the Fillmore on Friday, February 18th.  Tickets are $32.25 including service charges and can be purchased here.  The show starts at 9:00.  Maybe this time I won't be as freaked out when I see that the singer is a female, I seriously thought it was an indie dude with a beard on lead vocals until I saw them the last time they came to town.  I still don't really believe it.
 
March
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. and Tapes N' Tapes are coming to the Bottom of The Hill on Friday March 11th.  Tickets are $16 and available here.  It's a later show with doors opening at 10:00 pm.  I am really into these guys at the moment.  Their Horsepower EP is four songs of greatness that I keep talking about, and I was actually just looking to see if they were coming to town the other day.  My search came up with only a couple of stops in NY and DC, so it was a nice surprise to find this posting in my general venue search.

No comments:

Post a Comment