Friday, December 2, 2011

Holiday Booty

Isn't holly poisonous?  I know it's spiky.  Figgy pudding sounds horrible
That title should up the page views huh? It's holiday time, I can tell because my co-worker is playing Christmas music non-stop, yeaahhh!!! What the fuck is figgy pudding and why would you come to my doorstep and demand some?  Just because you sing your demands doesn't make them any less demanding.  Let me try, and see if you like it.  "Now bring me your youngest daughter and a bottle of beeeer."  *Runs at the sound of sirens*  This music must stop.  I'm warning you lady subjecting me to this nonsense is like poking a bear in a cage, I am liable to...ask you to please refrain from such activity post haste. Maybe more like poking a very civilized well mannered bear in a cage, but a bear no less!! *adjusts monocle*  Either way, y'all gon make me lose my mind. How many of you muttered "up in here, up in here" to yourself? How many of you are now growling and speeding through the Arizona desert with suspended licenses?

The main reason for this post was because of the amazing online store that Boingboing featured the other day. Das Programm only features products designed by Dieter Rams, who is pretty much a god when it comes to design. His record player is my profile pic on this blog and I have pined for his stuff for years.  His work is displayed in the New York Museum of Modern Art and is also currently on exhibit at the SFMOMA.  So he is kind of a big deal.  I have no idea how these guys are able to stock an online store with his stuff, since they are literally museum pieces.  But I can tell you that I go and look at the SK5 almost every day and hope that someone else buys it so that I can stop obsessing and thinking that I may be able to obtain it.  Gaaah, can't stop drooling.
Dieter Rams, Braun SK5 (Snow White's Coffin) $1022.32


Braun RT 20 $1179.60
Braun G 11 $940.00
Braun Atelier 3 $940.00-$1570
Braun AB 22 Black and White $125
Braun ABW 30 $235-$393




















































































































































Perhaps some more reasonable options for your loved ones after the jump...although if you really loved them you would get them the items above. Just saying.  *Clears space for record player*


Gamma Go, who was previously featured in The Goods. When that was something we did, still makes great products. In their under $15 section they have these awesome record coasters.

Or maybe you would prefer this $20 guitar bbq spatula?  Check out all of their stuff including clothing here.














For the record lover in your life here are a few choices to consider.

Jesse Woods who was on both Indie mix 8 and 9 still has his debut EP available on vinyl.  You can get it here from Guns In The Sun records and I recommend you do.    The video for, "Sparks" is below to refresh your memory.    


Mayer Hawthorne aka, the Golden Child, around these parts has a live album that Mayer-philes may want to check out.  Are there any Mayer-philes on your Christmas list that don't have this yet?  You can grab it from the Giant peach for $20, right here.












The full length Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. album, "It's A Corporate World," is available on vinyl. Head on over to their site to grab it.









The 10th anniversary edition of Jay-Z's, "The Blueprint" is available on limited edition vinyl. Grab it here and prepare to throw your diamonds in the air.











This is getting really long. I could post albums you should give people all day. This may have to be continued in another installment that includes art and clothes. Don't look so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment